देश-विदेश

Hyderabad News: 2 Killed, Several Injured As Under-Construction Building Collapses In Hyderabad



Two people were killed and several others injured after an under-construction building collapsed in Hyderabad’s Madhapur on Saturday afternoon, with rescue teams working to clear debris and free those trapped beneath it.

The structure, located in Anjaiah Nagar, gave way suddenly, causing panic among residents in the densely populated locality, prompting an emergency response involving local police and rescue personnel.

“An under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar. So far, two people have lost their lives. Rescue teams have reached the spot, clearing of debris is underway, and the rescue operation is in progress. We will provide more details later,” a police official told news agency ANI.

The building was reportedly being constructed on a plot of about 50 square yards and fell onto a neighbouring apartment building in Whitefield, partially damaging it.

A nearby hostel was also evacuated as residents rushed out following the collapse. Local reports have described the construction as allegedly unauthorised.

Rescue teams from the fire department, police and other emergency agencies rushed to the site after fears that workers could be trapped under the massive debris. Two bodies were subsequently recovered from the rubble.

The victims were identified by police as Mahabat and Umesh, both from Madhya Pradesh. Preliminary information indicates that the two had come to the site for tile-related work and were inside the building when it collapsed.

Another person, identified in local reports as Raman Reddy, was seriously injured and shifted to a hospital for treatment.

Cyberabad Municipal Commissioner Srijana inspected the accident site as rescue personnel continued to clear the debris and search for possible survivors. A dog squad was also deployed to conduct a detailed search of the rubble in case anyone remained trapped.

Officials are continuing to assess the structural damage to neighbouring buildings and determine whether additional people may have been inside the collapsed structure.

The precise cause of the structural failure, the status of building permissions and responsibility for the construction are expected to be examined as part of the official investigation.

Congress MLA Arekapudi Gandhi alleged that the building did not have proper clearances and had been under scrutiny before the collapse.

“In Madhapur division, the illegal seven-storey under-construction building was stopped by officials for four months. They recently restarted the construction work illegally. The cellar work was being extended to the adjacent building connected to the seven-storey structure, which led to its sudden collapse,” Gandhi told ANI.

“People must understand the risks of illegal constructions. Some people are profiting through such illegal constructions. Many such illegal constructions are going on in Serilingampally. We are seizing buildings, but they are not following the norms. A similar incident had happened earlier, and now it has happened again,” he added.






Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button