

Srinagar:
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Saturday conducted searches at 10 locations across five districts in Jammu and Kashmir in connection with a cross-border terror conspiracy case, the NIA said. The simultaneous searches were conducted in Srinagar, Kupwara, Anantnag, Pulwama, and Budgam districts. The NIA officials were accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir police and the CRPF as part of a major crackdown to unearth the conspiracy.
The agency said the searches were conducted in connection with a “cross-border terror conspiracy involving Pakistan-based handlers and a network of local Over Ground Workers (OGWs) allegedly providing logistical and other forms of support to infiltrated terrorists.”
“The searches were aimed at securing further documentary, digital, and material evidence relating to the conspiracy and at ascertaining the roles of persons allegedly associated with the local support network,” the NIA said.
The searches were conducted based on a case registered by the NIA under relevant sections of the UAPA Act, the Arms Act, and the Explosive Substances Act.
“The case was initiated following the arrest of an OGW allegedly associated with the proscribed terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) during the late-night hours of 31st March 2026 at a naka point, from whose possession a hand grenade and live ammunition were recovered. During the investigation, Pakistani terrorists allegedly connected with the conspiracy were arrested and the identities and alleged roles of members of the local support network were also ascertained,” said a spokesperson.
According to NIA, the investigation carried out so far has indicated alleged linkages between Pakistan-based handlers and local associates, who were allegedly being used for communication, logistical arrangements, movement and concealment of terrorists, provision of shelter, reconnaissance, and other forms of facilitation.
“The investigation is also examining the financial trail, communication channels, movement of the accused, and the source of arms and explosives, with a view to establishing the complete network and the extent of its activities,” said the NIA.
The anti-terror agency said the searches conducted today form part of the continuing investigation into the larger conspiracy and the alleged facilitation mechanism supporting cross-border terrorism. Further evidence relevant to the investigation has been secured and is being examined and corroborated with other material collected in the case.
“NIA is continuing its investigation to identify all persons involved and ascertain their respective roles in the conspiracy. Further legal action, including arrests or recoveries, may follow, subject to the outcome of the investigation,” the NIA said.





